9 Things With Your Soon To Be Favorite Band ‘STAMPS’
1. You guys have such a cool, hip, young look. Does that just come naturally? Are you just naturally cool, hip and young? Thank you! Well, we are naturally young. I’m not sure about cool and hip, but we’ll take it!
2. Why STAMPS? Because we stick on you.
3. Tell me a bit about your background?Adam is from Chicago. Ren is from Houston. Naturally, we met in the middle…Los Angeles. Stamps started as a heavily 1960’s influenced indie-rock band, but somewhere along the line we found ourselves wanting to create something new and fresh. We wanted to put our flavor on a current sound.
4. How would you describe your music? Female fronted pop band with hot beats and funky synth parts mixed with rock n’ roll.
5. Any bands, or artists you might be compared to?We’ve been compared to the most random artists. I can’t think of any right now, but some of them were down right crazy!
6. What is your own taste in music like? Love everything from The Beatles, The Kinks, Dr. Dog, The Beach Boys, The Strokes, Phoenix, The Zombies & The Thrills. Obviously anything with a “The” in front of it.
7. How does STAMPS differ from other duo groups? I think our sound is what sets us apart. We don’t really sound like any other duos out now.
8. Coachella just wrapped up, Is that something you’d like to do in the near future? Would it fit your style of music and performance? Definitely! We’ve never been to Coachella, but I’ve heard the stories and seen the videos. I think people at the festival want to have fun, and we’re fun, so yeah.
9. Anything fans should expect, or be excited about?We have been releasing new songs every Friday for the past month until we release our self titled album this May. We’re also about to go on a three week tour, and more new songs are already in the works! You can check it all out at stampstheband.com.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY: ANGELO KRITIKOS